Guest viewing is limited

Child services experience

Dad.In.Court

January - April 2021

- I am applicant father, application to court made late 2020.
- January 2021 I spoke to NHS 111 as son self harming at mothers (mothers ignores my inquiries)
- 111 make a referral to child services
- child services meet mother in person
- Child services present mother to WomensAid as ‘abused’, WomensAid reject as no evidence.
- my meeting is via zoom with x2 people from child services and I could hardly speak
- child services write a family assessment report
- reports says I put the children up to make false claims about mother only to further my court case (they refused to look at evidence).
- I learn mother works for same local authority also.
- father has to complain to have family assessment factually corrected
- complaint is not dealt with as author of said assessment leaves child services

July 21

- social worker from child services assigned to family
- mets me once at my home to introduce herself.
- I explain I have over a 1,000 allegations made against me by mother using our children: tracking devices in their teddies, false police reports, false allegations etc etc
- Despite not looking at anything, SW says my case will ‘fail'
- Mother changes children schools without notice (year before she moved away without notice)

August

- mother has covid, asks me to have children for total 3 consecutive weeks
- no concerns raised or safe guarding checks conducted by either mother or SW

NOTE: At his point in August 2021, the SW put the children on a 'at risk' register from me, with local authority. I was not aware of this until 2023.

September

- SW continues to ignore my disclosures since July (no replies or acknowledgements)
- SW confirms she has been sharing my disclosures with mother (without my knowledge or permission)
- I ask if the sharing is reciprocal - no reply from SW

October

- court hearing: mother cites me for child abuse, domestic abuse, grooming, stalking, harassment
- mother requests SW to conduct Section 7 report, her barrister calls SW live in court, who answers right away and agrees
- I object, but overruled. (I have never had a call or email answered from sw)

November
- I deal with multiple welfare issues concerning children (evidenced to court in January 2023)
- I try to hand myself into Police due to mothers criminal accusations in October
- Police confirm allegations are criminal but no reports made and recommend I complain about SW, which I do

December

- I complain to Child Services regarding SW, complaint is closed within 7 days without investigation
(evidenced to court in January 2023)

January 2022

- SW visits me for the second time, and the first time when I have the children
- SW makes eldest son cry by telling him the smacking and arguing at mothers is all ‘in his head’
- despite my requests, SW excludes me as as applicant father from Section 7 report
- I ask SW if there is anyone else he can speak too - no reply, ignored
- I email SW after learning SW has been making allegations to my children about me - no reply, ignored

May 2022 court hearing:

- SW withholds Section 7 dated February 2022 until 2 days before hearing in May 2022.
- SW tells court I have PTSD (untrue) and I do not know how to communicate with children
- SW recommends all contact ceases and children phone numbers changed.

Outcome:

- Court stop all contact. No telephone or emails.
- father to work with child psychologist on his communication so he can make videos for children.
- Mother requests non molestation order
- Court grants non molestation order.
- Father to have a risk assessment and make his full medical file available.
- Outside of court, SW also bans my wider family - grandma, grandad, aunties, uncles and cousins from contact.

NOTE: I have never once visited/text/phoned/threatened mother since separation in 2014. I have multiple police reports of her doing exactly that to me and I am certified as a victim of domestic abuse due to her behaviour. All ignored. All there above has happened without evidence or even one single incident against me.

Section 7 said both children want to live with their father - SW says that's child grooming by father.

July - September Risk Assessment (RA):

- Father was not asked how he disciplines children - RA reports he is a physical risk to children
- Father says mother abuses him using children - RA reports he is obsessed with mother
- Father says he has never hurt anyone, had violent thoughts, been in trouble with Police, taken drugs, drink or smoke - RA says he is homicidal
- Father says mother misled court in the past and been told off for false allegations - RA says she believes father will manufacture evidence
- Father says mother harasses and makes harmful false allegations of him - RA says all support father has had (victim support, Police etc) is only based on his 'story'.
- RA gives no examples and uses broad allegations.

RA refused to look at any of my evidence saying she could 'only go by whats in front of her' in reference to the Section 7, which I was excluded from.

NOTE: when I met RA for first time in person, she asked if I have taken drugs or drank? I said no, she replied ‘well I do not need to see your medical file then’ - in the report she says I refused to give my medical file.

October
  • SW writes an addendum report to Section 7 based on the Risk Assessment
  • SW says there has been no contact with children as father has not made the videos
  • SW does not disclose she has added fathers entire family to the contact ban

December

Court hearing:

- Mother seeks to ban all contact with children from father until they are 18 (as father a physical risk to them)
- Mother seeks to remove fathers parental responsibility and give it to her partner - 'in case something should happen to her’ (as father homicidal).
- SW tells court she will make referral Child psychologist referral again, knowing there has been zero contact for 7 months.

NOTE: SW knew since May the Psychologist had not contacted me. It was her role to instigate this, so Psychologist was waiting for me and I was waiting for him - neither of us had each others contact details - only SW could put both parties together. When she did so in December 2022, I found out she had been emailed appointments to forward to me from Psychologist and she had kept them until they had expired. I evidenced the emails in my bundle.

- Father asks court to appoint an independent SW, court says they will note request and if on DAY 1 of final hearing when SW and RA are cross examined and it is found there are causes for concern, a independent social worker can be appointed.

- Still no contact between children and father.
- Non molestation order extended by court.

- Despite agreeing to do so in court, SW refuses to give children their Christmas presents and cards from their dad, dad collects them in January.

NOTE: Christmas, Son goes to friends house and contacts father via xbox, tells father he is scared and the smacking and arguing is still happening. Tells father he and brother cry a lot for him and that mother has told they won't see their dad for ‘years’ as daddy has done bad things to them and to her.

January and February 2023

- both mum and dad file their witness statements and exhibits into court.
- mother makes no mention of any of the serious allegations she made in court in October 2021
- none of mothers exhibits match the statements made by the SW or the RA
- father evidences all his allegations.

May

- child psychologist closes case with father after just 2 videos saying there is no issue with father communications to his children.
- child psychologist meets SW, SW refuses to allow any form of contact

July
  • SW tells father he has to show progress and work with her, as there is no one else that can help
  • Despite being discharged by Psychologist as there are no issues with my communication, SW says I have to make videos.
  • I makes a video for children and send it to SW, asking for feedback SW does not reply.
  • Like the previous videos, there is no feedback.
August
  • A month later Sw replies stating mother has not yet ‘approved’ my video.
  • It seems mother decides whether my communication is acceptable, not SW or Psychologist.

Summary points:
Mother, the Social Worker and the Risk Assessor work for the same local authority.
I am convinced the reason our children were put on a ‘at risk’ register by the SW back in August 2021 was to get mother legal aid, as was the WomensAid attempt.

Under data protection request I find emails from SW to RA saying I am 'controlling' and 'manipulative' - the RA is not a qualified Psychologist, but makes such serious allegations against me (murderer, physical risk, obsessed) - I dont know how I am going to be able to deal with this in court.

- Neither I or my family have seen or heard from the children since last May.
- having the children removed has spread in the community to such an extent I put a web page up here - family dad .co .uk to stop the confrontation (been 2).

I am a good dad. there is no evidence against me and not even a single incident. But how do I prove to a court I am good dad and not a bloody murderer? I dont feel strong enough to go through a trial having not seen or heard from the children in so long and had such harmful allegations made. I have written good bye letters as I am struggling and isn't great to have your full medical file treated as a weapon? So I cant go to gp!

Hi and welcome

So to paraphrase this SW has basically ignored anything that isn't in your exs interest.

Have you taken legal advice as it sounds like you really need it.

Your story reads like a work of fiction but obviously having gone the process and reading the stories on here we know it's not.

I have a solicitor who does virtually nothing. Have a barrister booked as well. But the anxiety and pain is crippling.

You probably have this covered, but is there a risk of you being identified from the website you have created? It is written as though you expect some readers to know who you are. I might be wrong, but this seems kind of risky to me.

I had to do something as I have had two confrontations, so I put that up and sent it to some of the parents I know. was putting my safety first. previously I had dog shit thrown at my door and tyres slashed.

Hi @Dad.In.Court ,

I'm so sorry to hear what you've been through, such a horrific experience, I am certain the pain & anguish in your post can only touch the surface.

Even though it may not feel like it, you clearly have amazing inner strength to have been through so much on your journey these last few years, a testament to a father's commitment and love for his children.

I can't comment as much on the legal elements as I'm still in process & further back but rest assured you've found a great community who will do everything they can to support and guide you as you move forward.

What I can comment on is coping strategies, first & foremost you have to take care of yourself, using this forum as an outlet for your pain and emotion is a good start, there are also a couple of good threads here on Health & Wellbeing Board. I would advise reading through them, it's not a one size fits all approach and you will find the range of coping suggestions & discussions gives you a couple that help you.

We are not trained counsellors but we have a collective experience on how to build resilience in the face of adversity, remember we are only human, we hurt & feel pain, acknowledge that as you have , then make use of every avenue of support that you can bring to bear in order to turn this into your bedrock of strength.

Post & reach out as much as you need.

Supporting You. Magic J 🙏

I really appreciate your message. It’s brutal my whole medical file is a weapon, preventing me from going to gp.

I really appreciate your message. It’s brutal my whole medical file is a weapon, preventing me from going to gp.
I can understand your reluctance given the history of the case - are you financially in a position to get Counselling or CBT privately?

We all fall down and as Men & Fathers, it is often that we pick our own selves up, dust ourselves off & carry on and there is nobody on this planet who has any clue of what happened or how we carried on. But sometimes we just need to let ourselves sit there and take a break, before a hand comes along and helps us back up.

You have several weeks before the final hearing, give yourself time away from this process & the heartache, do it for yourself & your children. Take part in either a new activity or one that you have enjoyed earlier in life. Let that experience give you back positivity & let it feed you when facing your challenges.

I recently put together an A4 for myself of all the things I am grateful for which included a roof over my head, food on the table, my fitness. I also added several outlooks such as I am loved, I am strong, today is my day, today is full possibilities, today I will be fearless. I have started to read this every morning before I connect to the world in any way because I realised the poison of my EX & her legal team was slowly eating at my soul & this is helping me to combat that pro-actively.

MJ.

Been struggling with not seeing children since last summer, had counselling and acted on their pointers. It's not easy as somedays nothing works. I dont drink or smoke, so set up a home gym - day 1 = A&E, put back out doing squats. Dont know whether to laugh or cry. My situation has been hostile for 8+ years. You dont realise how you are living until someone points it out. It's like having your head in a vice, that gets gradually tightened. The anxiety has been the hardest to live with as a final hearing dictates and affects your whole life, so to be purposely misrepresented - id like to see these 'professionals' he'd accountable and see sentencing for false harmful allegations. I tried to appoint a solicitor for defamation and libel - but 'expert opinions' fall under 'professional privilege' and therefore are not actionable. So these professionals are untouchable and their falsities leave a judge with having to deal with a mess via sharp shooting barristers - its a shocking system, especially if you self rep.

I have written good bye letters as I am struggling and isn't great to have your full medical file treated as a weapon?

I’m a bit concerned about this bit st the end. If you are feeling suicidal - don’t hesitate to call the Samaritans. However annihilating this might feel right now, there is always hope and a future and your case is not complete yet. The social worker can be undermined by cross examination.

As for the rest - I am not surprised and have seen it on a couple of occasions. If Cafcass or social services think the Mother may lose residency they gang up on you. It’s absolutely sick. They seem to protect Mothers rather than children. Either they are very biased or convince themselves that a Mother wouldn’t do these things and just kid themselves. But they turn on a Father who dares to suggest the kids are in danger with a Mother.

On another point though - I think murderer is a bit strong as you haven’t committed murder. If you’re accused of being homicidal then that is suggesting you could be murderous. But not actually accusing you of being a murderer (but I take your point that it’s being called a potential murderer).

So I’ve changed your post title to reflect the situation.

To be blunt though - you need to take that website down asap or you will lose your kids. If the court finds you have published all that it will count strongly against you. It will be classed as making public allegations against the ex on the internet (because you said you were a victim of abuse and it hints your ex is the perpetrator).

Also, sadly, people reading it may not believe you and think the fact you’re saying these things might mean they’re not true.

I totally get you want to clear your name in the community but that isn’t the way to do it and it could put you in contempt of court (revealing details of a private family case).

Suggest you contact Family Rights Group who support parents dealing with social services.

Hang in there because you have a final hearing coming up. Don’t blow it by putting anything on the internet or sending out letters to people etc as it will get brought up in court.

Presumably your ex has no evidence of all these allegations (if statements have been submitted) - in which case her statement could be dismissed as mud slinging. Your barrister will fight your corner. You need the social worker cross examined and undermined so her evidence/submissions are ignored.

You have done nothing wrong so keep believing in yourself and have faith that you and your barrister will handle this.

These are highly emotional situations but let that out on here because you need to be unemotional, calm, focused, child focused and polite at the hearing. To be successful.

Last edited:
"Mother, the Social Worker and the Risk Assessor work for the same local authority. "

This is the root of all of it.

I'm not even a father yet but I'm sure others may be able to have some input on this.

Somehow it needs to be shown they are all working together because.... "they all work together and know each other". shocked at the amount of false allegations with such little evidence against you and the courts are working against you. They are clearly hanging onto the SW and RA advice and the courts won't even dare to deter from it "just in case". It really sounds like you need to rethink a strategy here with a lawyer.

If you are actually referring to they all "work for the same authority / branch" and they are all work chums then they are abusing their position at a detriment to you and this child. It's disgraceful.

Do agree with ash, as much as you want to clear your name, don't put a website and let community members know about it.

I have a solicitor who does virtually nothing. Have a barrister booked as well. But the anxiety and pain is crippling.
Considering Trashing that solicitor,

unsure how you'd approach this all but don't give up pal. Feel for you and agree this all reads like a work of fiction. Insanity.

All the best

Last edited:
Reactions: Ash
I had to do something as I have had two confrontations, so I put that up and sent it to some of the parents I know. was putting my safety first. previously I had dog shit thrown at my door and tyres slashed.

Ash and MVA have said what I was thinking about the website coming down. Keeping yourself safe and protecting your name are natural impulses, I can see why you put it up. In your final hearing the other side will be looking for anything to discredit you. Something new to shift to on the day will be a gift for them.

If you sent that website to other children's parents there has to be a chance it was brought to the attention of the school and/or your ex.

Did you report the door and tyre incidents to the police?

Do you have any evidence that your ex has been tarnishing your name?

If you can show that the information was already let out by your ex and that you were acting to deal with consequences this had for you. Perhaps that will put the website into perspective. As it stands, that website getting into a court bundle could be pretty damning for your case.

"Mother, the Social Worker and the Risk Assessor work for the same local authority. "

This is the root of all of it.

I'm not even a father yet but I'm sure others may be able to have some input on this.

Somehow it needs to be shown they are all working together because.... "they all work together and know each other". shocked at the amount of false allegations with such little evidence against you and the courts are working against you. They are clearly hanging onto the SW and RA advice and the courts won't even dare to deter from it "just in case". It really sounds like you need to rethink a strategy here with a lawyer.

If you are actually referring to they all "work for the same authority / branch" and they are all work chums then they are abusing their position at a detriment to you and this child. It's disgraceful.

Do agree with ash, as much as you want to clear your name, don't put a website and let community members know about it.

Considering Trashing that solicitor,

unsure how you'd approach this all but don't give up pal. Feel for you and agree this all reads like a work of fiction. Insanity.

All the best
Agree with PJ. Sack the solicitor and either find a better one or just use a direct access barrister. A good solicitor will be a bit more proactive and advise you. It could be helpful to have one as it’s a complex case by the sound of it - just to make sure the bundle is done correctly.

Also agree with PJ that the bias is obvious with SW and RA worker and that would be a strong argument in your favour at a final hearing. You say you asked for an ISW but nothing has been done as yet.

Is the next hearing the final hearing? Seeing as statements have been submitted? It is it a hearing to report back on Section 7 reports.

so I am the applicant in these proceedings, but my solicitor said do not critise mother as they are saying you are obsessed with her. So all the issues I have that led me to court, I have to cast aside and instead I have to agree I am the culprit to the children saying:

dad lives with his curtains closed,
dads fridge is empty,
we want to live with dad because its fair for him.
dad has no money
we want equal time with mum and dad

but these are opinions of the children that could have been dealt with - curtains shut after 4 because of sun, my fridge is minimal as I grow my own food, saying no to expensive in game upgrades (stung for £65 for house in Roblox) are all things that could have been dealt with, instead the SW kept such worries from me and waited for months until we were in court. the children saying they want to live with me is because they protest (have done for years) that its not fair they get minimal time with me, when I lived next door to their school and 50 yards from their house. SW said this is child grooming.

did I mention my child arrangements order stood for four years saying I am not allowed to wave or acknowledge the children in public!

or that mother has never attended mediation? 24 times I have been to court self representing to get birthdays, Christmas, holidays etc - I have never once been able to make a parental decision in 9 years. multiple false reports to police etc etc - if a man did this to a woman he'd been in prison. 3 years ago I text mum and said I cant go on like this anymore, that her behaviour towards me affects the children more. I said I cant see the children anymore due to this. mother ignored it. sw said I am mentally unbalanced - no one said 'what happened and why?'

I was excluded from the research and section 7 process and anything deemed a criticism of me from the children has been presented as fact but anything against mothers behaviour (despite the evidence) is deemed child grooming and fathers obsession. I wouldn't mind if they sat down said ok, let's look and whats happened that's led you back to court, but no. they only did that with mother, her partner and family.

I am bricking myself about the trial, I am in no shape for it, I am genuinely struggling as I think from the judges point of view I have been presented as a potential murderer who is obsessed with ex and a physical risk to children - despite my evidence showing the children are being struck and getting scared, witnesses confirm this and a letter son wrote with his therapist saying mother tells him daddy smokes, drinks etc etc

I did a data protection request and uncovered multiple emails that clearly show efforts by the SW to the risk assessor to influence her with statements like 'he is controlling' 'he is manipulative' - by a SW I met once, what chance did I have going to a risk assessment when all these was underway behind the scenes?

Ash and MVA have said what I was thinking about the website coming down. Keeping yourself safe and protecting your name are natural impulses, I can see why you put it up. In your final hearing the other side will be looking for anything to discredit you. Something new to shift to on the day will be a gift for them.

If you sent that website to other children's parents there has to be a chance it was brought to the attention of the school and/or your ex.

Did you report the door and tyre incidents to the police?

Do you have any evidence that your ex has been tarnishing your name?

If you can show that the information was already let out by your ex and that you were acting to deal with consequences this had for you. Perhaps that will put the website into perspective. As it stands, that website getting into a court bundle could be pretty damning for your case.
Ex has told everyone, I can prove it, but she asked permission from court to tell the childrens schools of the NMO. however ex's track record is to run me down to other parents and make false allegations to police, schools, where I volunteered.

Back