Guest viewing is limited

Challenging a Safeguarding Letter

1. Can the author of the safeguarding letter be asked to attend the FHDRA for questioning?

2. Have any of you successfully challenged a safeguarding report/ recommendations and had this overturned?

3. Does the same author of the safeguarding letter also write the section 7 report?

2. In my second hearing there was a safeguarding letter which said allegations against me were serious and court should do section 7 report. The court saw there was nothing to the allegations and went straight to final hearing. Interim time with me was increased despite Cafcass caution. The "evidence" and claims were laughable. The court saw this straight away. The letter was hardly mentioned in the hearing.

Cafcass is an Advisory and Support Service, they do not make decisions, they do not see or hear your evidence and testimony.

I challenged safeguarding letter errors and omissions prior to the hearing. All of my revisions were accepted.

2. In my second hearing there was a safeguarding letter which said allegations against me were serious and court should do section 7 report. The court saw there was nothing to the allegations and went straight to final hearing. Interim time with me was increased despite Cafcass caution. The "evidence" and claims were laughable. The court saw this straight away. The letter was hardly mentioned in the hearing.

Cafcass is an Advisory and Support Service, they do not make decisions, they do not see or hear your evidence and testimony.

I challenged safeguarding letter errors and omissions prior to the hearing. All of my revisions were accepted.

Cafcass have said no interim contact based on ex making allegations of ‘ongoing abuse’

This ‘ongoing abuse’ is for making a CAO application.

I’ve challenged this but the manager I spoke with was awful, wouldn’t listen to anything I said. And went silent when I pointed out facts and contradictions.

How did you get your revisions added and who did you go through?

I did it all in writing through the Cafcass Officer's manager. My only focus was on inaccuracies. Points where they misquoted me, made factual errors, or left out something I said which compromised the accuracy of their account. It was written in a way that thanked and even praised the officer who messed up.

This post gives the wording my challenges were based upon:

Post in thread 'DRA vs Final Hearing' https://dadswithkids.co.uk/threads/dra-vs-final-hearing.858/post-11308

It took a little stretching for some of my corrections 😁

My safeguarding letter was like a kick to my balls, I instantly felt sick.

During my call safeguarding, I stayed child focused, not criticising the narcissist ex at all.

The letter came back full of accusations portraying me as a terrible parent that the kids did not want to see.

Cafcass' recommendations for judge in FHDRA:
1. Section 7
2. Finding of facts
3. Wishes and feelings

At FHDRA, judge said finding of facts not needed is at was clear that there was a status quo that needed to be kept before all the family court rubbish. She told ex off for lying as she saw that ex was contradicting herself in FHDRA and stumbling for words and excuses.

As others have said in this thread, it is an administrative process that is heavily in favour of mums through CAFCASS. If you show integrity and child focus in hearings, the judges have authority and experience to make objective decisions, despite CAFCASS reports.

Stay child focussed and jump through the hoops.

The author of my report is hiding away so it was escalated to the general manager, after 2 calls with the awful general manager this still hasn’t been resolved so they have now escalated it to customer services for further investigation.

The author of my report is hiding away so it was escalated to the general manager, after 2 calls with the awful general manager this still hasn’t been resolved so they have now escalated it to customer services for further investigation.
Another classic response is that they have a backlog of enquiries to deal with.

Another classic response is that they have a backlog of enquiries to deal with.

Classic;

I have read and assessed your complaint, and it is recorded on our system as needing an investigation. Usually, we would aim to complete our work with you in 20 working days, but we are not currently able to achieve that. I am sorry that it will take us longer than usual to complete our work with you. I do want to assure you that we are working to allocate your investigation as quickly as possible. Once this has happened the Complaint Manager investigating your complaint will contact you to introduce themselves and to give you the opportunity to further discuss your concerns.

Basically fobbed off. This will be way past my hearing date and will be irrelevant.

I feel so frustrated, they are trying to fob me off.

The inaccuracies etc which I have raised will comprise the accuracy of the report and this could further undermine the FHDRA hearing in a few weeks.

Did you get that in an email or via phone? If via email - print it out and put it with your court bundle .... showing that the Safeguarding letter shouldnt stand as it is

Did you get that in an email or via phone? If via email - print it out and put it with your court bundle .... showing that the Safeguarding letter shouldnt stand as it is

I’ve got it via email. And the first hearing is the FHDRA so doesn’t require a bundle at this stage. But as it stands the report could massively undermine the outcome of the hearing.

Back