Guest viewing is limited

CAFCASS interview

It sounds positive you're getting over nights.
Supposedly there's no safeguarding issues then?
In terms of the allegations, the burden is on the person making the claims to prove them.

Reactions: Ash
Ok so the DRA will be for responses to the S7 when it's done. So you have interim time and the S7 to deal with meantime. How much interim time are you getting? The court aren't doing a fact find and that's good. Cafcass will speak to both of you. What you need to be careful of is not accusing your ex back or Cafcass will say it's "conflict between parents" and then they decide the children should spend most of the time living with the Mother to avoid the conflict. So if they ask you about allegations the ex has made, you have lines prepared like "I'm sorry to hear she has said that. I'm not sure why she would make these accusations as they are untrue, but perhaps she is upset that I have applied to court."

The thing to avoid is retaliating (which is a natural reaction but don't do it) by saying actually it was her that was abusive etc etc. Cafcass won't believe anything you say anyway, but if you have any evidence of a particular allegation - eg a document, or whatever, you could show it to them. Most of these allegations are just unprovable words though and Cafcass have to decide whether to believe people or not.

The best thing you can do is just come across as a child focused Dad. And say you are keen to co parent amicably. Even if you have to grit your teeth. That shows them that you are not the issue when it comes to co parenting.

Thank you so much for all the support, honestly can't tell you what this means, he gets to sleep over for first time in a year, its been heartbreaking.

Could I also ask, do I have rights in regard to knowing where my son's GP is, she's is not informing me of this due to the false allegations she has put forward.

Thank you so much for all the support, honestly can't tell you what this means, he gets to sleep over for first time in a year, its been heartbreaking.

Could I also ask, do I have rights in regard to knowing where my son's GP is, she's is not informing me of this due to the false allegations she has put forward.
Yes you do if you have parental responsibility which I believe you do?

Ash had a good idea if you don’t know the exact one then find all the surgery’s in the area they live and write to them asking if your boy is registered with them, the one he’s at will reply but make sure you provide proof of parental responsibility otherwise they won’t.

Reactions: Ash
Yes you do if you have parental responsibility which I believe you do?

Ash had a good idea if you don’t know the exact one then find all the surgery’s in the area they live and write to them asking if your boy is registered with them, the one he’s at will reply but make sure you provide proof of parental responsibility otherwise they won’t.
My concern is she can say that I am going through the GP, putting them allegations forward. My partner has also not seen my son in over a year and there is no safeguarding risks.

My concern is she can say that I am going through the GP, putting them allegations forward. My partner has also not seen my son in over a year and there is no safeguarding risks.
Your entitled to be on your sons file at the gp unless she has a court order stating you can’t.

Send the letter that Magic attached and go from there.

Allegations are allegations used by many women to make it difficult that doesn’t stop you asking for information from gp etc

Thank you very much, can I also ask in regard to my partner being present my son is my care?

Thank you very much, can I also ask in regard to my partner being present my son is my care?
Well there shouldn’t be a reason why she can’t be as mothers are happy to introduce there new partners to our kids without any consideration.

But I’d tread carefully if you think ex will cause you issues by doing this then I’d focus on time with your son first and wait for partner to be there further down the line.

Sorry to ask again but how many overnights a week are ordered? Does your partner live with you?

Once a week, on Saturday untill the 6 weeks holidays and then it will be Friday Sunday with a stay 9-5 on a sat the week after. My partner does not live with me.

Ok so every Saturday night until the summer holidays, then alternate week-ends from Friday to Sunday (2 nights) plus a Saturday day time on the alternate week-ends, is that right?

Technically it's up to you who you spend time with when the child is in your care, and if you and your partner lived together, that's fairly clear she'll be involved. If you don't live together, it could be seen as "introducing a new partner to the child" and sometimes there are agreements on that not being done for say 3 months or six months and then gradually introduced. But you say your partner hasn't seen the child for a year, so in that case it's an established relationship and presumably she has seen the child before that and the child already knows her?

As it's court ordered, your ex has to follow it. I would suggest gradually having your partner involved but not all the time perhaps. So there on some occasions and not on others.

When you write to the GP introducing yourself, and saying you have PR, you enclose a copy of the interim court order (which proves you have PR and see your child regularly and you ask for all dealings with parents to be separate and private and confidential. The template letter is fairly self explanatory otherwise.

Ok so every Saturday night until the summer holidays, then alternate week-ends from Friday to Sunday (2 nights) plus a Saturday day time on the alternate week-ends, is that right?

Technically it's up to you who you spend time with when the child is in your care, and if you and your partner lived together, that's fairly clear she'll be involved. If you don't live together, it could be seen as "introducing a new partner to the child" and sometimes there are agreements on that not being done for say 3 months or six months and then gradually introduced. But you say your partner hasn't seen the child for a year, so in that case it's an established relationship and presumably she has seen the child before that and the child already knows her?

As it's court ordered, your ex has to follow it. I would suggest gradually having your partner involved but not all the time perhaps. So there on some occasions and not on others.
That is correct, I am still going for shared care, awaiting the hearing in October.

Yes I don't believe there is anything that stipulates that in the court order. I am going to clarify this with my solicitor this week

Hello, can I just ask. With the false allegations my ex partner put forwards, she has used this in court that can have access to his school. Can I ask what are my rights to this please?

I was given an undertaking by the court. This was going to be dismissed if she did accept this.

I feel like I have not been able to disprove the allegations throughout the whole family court process as anyone else gone through this, where it feels like the other party has all the power.

Good morning.

In my case, the judge ordered that no fact finding was necessary. I had an option to take that option to "clear my name" but it would have just added more time and costs to my overall goal of a shared life with my children.

Only one way I was going with that.

I think focussing on the long term goal is key and prioritize what will get you the best outcome in the shortest time.

Good morning.

In my case, the judge ordered that no fact finding was necessary. I had an option to take that option to "clear my name" but it would have just added more time and costs to my overall goal of a shared life with my children.

Only one way I was going with that.

I think focussing on the long term goal is key and prioritize what will get you the best outcome in the shortest time.
Hello, yes in my case a fact finding wasn't necessary either, it is going to a section 7, hearing is in October. It just worries me that she will use the false allegations to stop me from going to his school.

Back