Guest viewing is limited

CAFCASS interview

bbl

Hello all,

I had a section 7 interview with CAFCASS who asked about the allegations made from mum which was denied as they were false. The CAFCASS officer then asked if I believed the allegations were fabricated to which I said yes. They also asked if they could interview my current partner, has anyone had any experience in this area and did I say the right thing by saying her allegations were false, I tried to stay child focused but it was a direct question.

Hi

It's OK to state they are false if there's no evidence. It is a very fine line and it's best not to go on the attack yourself but if allegations were made without evidence you have every right to defend yourself as in the cafcass interview you have to put forward your side.

Is there a specific reason they want to speak to your partner.

Assume they've spoken to your ex and the kids. Did they give much away?

Hi

It's OK to state they are false if there's no evidence. It is a very fine line and it's best not to go on the attack yourself but if allegations were made without evidence you have every right to defend yourself as in the cafcass interview you have to put forward your side.

Is there a specific reason they want to speak to your partner.
They didn't say a reason, I explained to them this would be fine and she would be happy. Maybe it is to establish what my current partner is like. But my ex has send threatening messages to curren partner, but that wasn't mentioned by myself however my partner is likely to say about this

They didn't say a reason, I explained to them this would be fine and she would be happy. Maybe it is to establish what my current partner is like. But my ex has send threatening messages to curren partner, but that wasn't mentioned by myself however my partner is likely to say about this
I think that's a good thing if they speak to your partner as the messages demonstrate unreasonable behaviour.

Also whilst this sounds a bit sexist I think female cafcass officers will listen a bit more to a fellow woman. We stick to facts etc and sometimes they like a good story

Hello, I wasn't sure if she should say as I didn't want to show conflict. So you definitely she should voice about the messages.

I think it depends on what cafcass ask.

If they just ask about kids then no. But if there are questions that have been alleged by Mom then I think that's reasonable.

I had similar worries but was advised by my solicitor when it got to section 7 stage it was time to start explaining what had happened.

Back