Guest viewing is limited

Cafcas and family court help needed Help

Mia247

I need court help and with cafcas I have suffered a brain injury and struggle to understand things and retain information my wife is trying to get sole custody of my children under domestic abuse Allegations which aren't true​

I’m going to court on the 19th I have to get a letter off my doctor for them it’s the 1st hearing she is trying to get an order for her to have full custody of the kids and what rights I’ll have and get to see them

Have you got a solicitor or barrister?

Is she claiming that your ABI stops you being able to care for you kids.

Have you been seeing your kids

Have police been involved re: allegations of DV

Is the GP letter requested by court is it about your ABI or anything else?

Yes police have been involved got to go to court for allegations
No I haven’t seen my kids for 8 month now
Yea my letter from doctor is about my brain injury and effect I don’t have short term memory it’s osical and temporal damage I returned bk to work to keep the house going for the family and ended up having seizures I have been seizure free for nearly 2 year

I don’t have a solicitor for family court but I have a barrister and a solicitor for allegations

Reactions: Ash
If you have a disability then the family court should face a ground rules hearing first. This is in case special measures are needed to ensure you understand the procedures and you get a fair hearing/ trial.

Obviously the criminal allegations are a priority. Is the hearing on 19th Jan family court ?. What type of hearing is it? You can get a free 30 phone call advice with a family solicitor.

I could do with the free 30 mins advise but I don’t know where to look
Yes the hearing is on 19jan for family court how do I find out what type of hearing it is ?

You need to Google local family lawyers and then phone them up and ask if they give free 30 minutes legal advice. Just go through the list until you find one that does. You can do this numerous times so could get say 3 x 30 minutes free.

The type of family hearing will be on the letter or email that first informed you of the hearing.

If it’s your first hearing who told you to bring along a GP letter ?

Was it your ex who applied for court or yourself ?

You have been SOhelpfull thank you for your help
3 30 mins free with the same one
The court told me I have to send the letter to the court and cafcas
My ex

Hi. 30 minutes free with 3 different solicitors :) Some will let it go on a lot longer than 30 minutes. It sounds like the hearing on the 19th is a Child Arrangements one if you've been asked to provide a GP letter. But if it's for Child Arrangements, you should already have had a phone interview with Cafcass and a letter from them. It's possible a criminal case would ask for a GP letter as well.

As mva says, the court letter you received with the date of the hearing, should make it clear what the hearing is for.

an application to the court for a Prohibited Steps order to prevent the children being removed from her care and for a Child Arrangements Order to settle the live with and spend time arrangements for the children.

Can you afford legal representation for this hearing. Your looking at around 2-3K. You want to try and avoid a fact finding hearing and get some interim contact with the kids.

Is that your application or hers? ie who submitted the C100 to court? It sounds like it's her application for a prohibited steps order if it says to prevent the children being removed from her care.

This hearing will just deal with the prohibited steps element of the application and Child Arrangements will be dealt with at a later hearing, but I would still try to get an interim order for supervised time with the children in a contact centre while matters are proceeding. If you're using a barrister you will have a much better chance of achieving that.

Can you afford legal representation for this hearing. Your looking at around 2-3K. You want to try and avoid a fact finding hearing and get some interim contact with the kids.
Carnt afford it what’s a fact finding hearing and interim contact

She submitted it to the court then I had to do a c100 ok thanks what’s a interim order yea I’m willing to see them at a contact centre at first just need to see my children
I don’t have money for a barrister

Back