Guest viewing is limited

Barrister or Solicitor?

Ok. I appreciate they are ball park. So looking at say £3-5k for a full day, would that generally include the prep work that would be needed? Presumably time with me to understand my case?
It depends what you mean by prep work. There isn't any really, The barrister will discuss your case with you, you can send any relevant documents. They will write a position statement. For a final hearing they will also do a skeleton argument. The only real prep work is before a final hearing when you do a final statement with evidence and prepare the bundle for the hearing. ie paperwork. That is something a barrister wouldn't do and you could do it yourself or hire a solicitor for a one off job before the final hearing.

A good barrister will also negotiate at an FHDRA to try and thrash out a consent order so it goes no further.

I'll be honest, it would be a difficult one to achieve, the children remaining with you if the ex moves away but there's no reason it shouldn't be that way and that's why you need a good barrister. I think you'd need to be prepared to offer most of the school holidays to the Mother.

You can manage as you can use after school clubs, breakfast clubs, childminders if necessary.

no doubt I'll be paying Child Maintenance as the cherry in top
If this becomes the case,I'm pretty sure there's a deduction due to travelling, assuming to pick up and return the vice versa, or do you plan to stay in local area if the move happens?

Yes, you are correct. I've looked on the CMS website and expenses such as fuel, can be taken into account. It's unclear to what degree and amount though.

Back