Guest viewing is limited

Article in press about mum stopped from seeing daughter

I find this article interesting. Surely this situation is rare compared to dads in this boat.

There are so many holes in her story, and no critical commentary from an independent person who knows how the processes she is describing work.

Media coverage of the family courts is totally hemmed in by the threat of being called out for "blaming" female "victims." It is a knot that will not be untied by reason or facts. Opinions that do not support women are rejected as bigotry. Facts/cases that do not support mothers are rejected as rare exceptions to the rule. Even if it becomes plain that a woman is lying through her teeth, e.g. Amber Heard, rejection of her lies is dressed up as rejecting all victims and throwing them back into the arms of their abuser.

In short, these stories are written for people who are utterly ignorant of how family law in this country works, i.e. the population at large. People who know how it works are literally gagged by the court.

A part of the reason it is so important we keep using dadswithkids to share our stories, tips, and tricks, is someday this massive resource will shine a light for some author/researcher/journalist who wants to see what is going on behind closed doors.

Last edited:
There are so many holes in her story, and no critical commentary from an independent person who knows how the processes she is describing work.

Media coverage of the family courts is totally hemmed in by the threat of being called out for "blaming" female "victims." It is a knot that will not be untied by reason or facts. Opinions that do not support women are rejected as bigotry. Facts/cases that do not support mothers are rejected as rare exceptions to the rule. Even if it becomes plain that a woman is lying through her teeth, e.g. Amber Heard, rejection of her lies is dressed up as rejecting all victims and throwing them back into the arms of their abuser.

In short, these stories are written for people who are utterly ignorant of how family law in this country works, i.e. the population at large. People who know how it works are literally gagged by the court.

A part of the reason it is so important we keep using dadswithkids to share our stories, tips, and tricks, is someday this massive resource will shine a light for some author/researcher/journalist who wants to see what is going on behind closed doors.
The article is also on the Daily Mail. Some good comments on there worth reading.

Will check out the Mail version. I've seen this on Twitter too. There are actually alienated Mothers as well as Fathers. True PA is vile. However I also think some jump on the bandwagon. It's a complex area at the moment. So much publicity about DA and VAWG - yet they deny parental alienation exists. Some women are saying - it's still DA and can happen to Mothers too. All very complex.

I can understand your suspicion about this! I think there is a difference though between a court transferring residency and saying no contact with the Mother, in a PA case (and I am sure some of those Mothers falsely claim PA). And a situation where there are no court orders and the Dad has alienated the kids against the Mother. Then the Mother is applying to court. I feel somewhat cynical as well as Mothers do tend to do well in court usually. But I'm aware either men or women can alienate children and brainwash them.

Back