Guest viewing is limited

Access to daughter stopped/allegations made

Has anyone ever known anything the same or similar where the other party just won’t engage with my side. Surely taking part of the process is vital?
Sort of.
My partners ex doesn't always respond to basic questions messages or emails.
With court stuff she tends to ignore or drag stuff out after court hearings.
Although a classic pre hearing tactic is to wait until the 11th hour to send stuff over so there's not enough time for the other party to respond.

Sort of.
My partners ex doesn't always respond to basic questions messages or emails.
With court stuff she tends to ignore or drag stuff out after court hearings.
Although a classic pre hearing tactic is to wait until the 11th hour to send stuff over so there's not enough time for the other party to respond.
And let me guess…….she gets away with it in the court? My ex realised that things weren’t looking likely to go her way after she made some allegations against me and SS shut it down straight away. After a couple of months she then made more allegations to the police. The whole system is completely flawed and seems to be run by vindictive ex’s

And let me guess…….she gets away with it in the court? My ex realised that things weren’t looking likely to go her way after she made some allegations against me and SS shut it down straight away. After a couple of months she then made more allegations to the police. The whole system is completely flawed and seems to be run by vindictive ex’s
Yep. I can't speak for others experiences but in my partners case the courts only focus on what's happening in the hearing. They don't have time to delve into the stuff that happens either side of the time actually in court.
My partners ex will drag her heels when an order has been made to do something. She's done it twice now with agreeing on 2 things. What could be set up in a week takes literally months.

Yep. I can't speak for others experiences but in my partners case the courts only focus on what's happening in the hearing. They don't have time to delve into the stuff that happens either side of the time actually in court.
My partners ex will drag her heels when an order has been made to do something. She's done it twice now with agreeing on 2 things. What could be set up in a week takes literally months.
How can the courts just let this happen 😢 my date is tomorrow and we still haven’t heard from the ex’s side. I am stressed to the absolute maximum

How can the courts just let this happen 😢 my date is tomorrow and we still haven’t heard from the ex’s side. I am stressed to the absolute maximum
Welcome to the insane world of family court.
This time tomorrow the hearing will be over and things maybe a bit clearer.

Hi @scooter,

Not heard from you since the above, given the last minute challenges, I hope you were able to overcome any hurdles and get an outcome at this stage that was as you desired!

If not, don't let it get to you, we're here and we've got you if you need us. 🫶

MJ

Hello all, the court hearing just felt like a complete waste of time. The ex had nothing that she was asked to provide. I’ve not made any allegations, the ex has a number of weeks to make hers and then I will have a few weeks to respond. Supervised contact can take place during the holidays. However, trying to get that arranged with an ex that doesn’t play ball is horrific. I’ve no faith in the system at all

Hang in there. It's part of the process. Because she made allegations it has caused these delays. Is the supervised time ordered? That is bad news for you if you were hoping the allegations would be dismissed at that hearing. However, they may be dismissed at the next hearing. They haven't ordered a fact find, just the ex to list her allegations and you respond, so a Judge will look at them and your responses and may dismiss them. Do you know when the next hearing is yet?

The supervised time was agreed and ordered. By the time it’s arranged the holidays will have finished and I won’t have seen my daughter. I’m hoping the next hearing will be in Sept but who knows. No fact finding hearing has been ordered. They will look at the allegations and responses before they make a decision. I have never known such a backwards and one sided system in all my life. It’s dreadful

What is dreadful is Mothers who make false allegations. In a way you can see the point of view of the court. Children are killed by parents every year, so they have to investigate if a Mother makes allegations, to make sure the children are safe. They don't know you. What's bad about it though is the time it takes. But don't get angry with the courts - it's your ex who has created this situation and she is taking advantage, as so many do, of the fact that courts need to do proper checks if allegations are made to determine the children would be safe with you. She is also bold enough to do this because sadly there are no consequences for her if she's found not to be telling the truth. I know of one case where the Mother did actually get a criminal prosecution for perjury - but that is so rare it's unheard of.

@scooter sorry to hear that 😞

One of the worst things an EX can put a child through is it strip them of their father during the Summer.

Was the supervised time just to cover the summer or has it been ordered ongoing until the next hearing?

@Ash is it possible the next hearing will just be a closed Gatekeeping and could happen pretty quickly - surely he works have got a next hearing date in the post as part of the court outcome?

@scooter keep fighting, your daughter will need you and this is just a small diversion in the grand scheme of her life which is where you're trying to get, to help support her in her future.

Reactions: Ash
Gatekeeping hearing is at the start. He's had the first hearing so the next one will be a directions hearing with the Judge deciding what next after seeing the allegations and responses.

Hang in there Scooter. Keep proactive. Make arrangements with a contact centre, message your ex confirming they can do x day x time or x day x time. If she doesn't play ball and go with one of them and you can't get to see your daughter then put a C2 in for an urgent directions hearing and tell the court the supervised time isn't happening and ask for specified arrangements to be ordered. But if the next hearing is in September, you may just have to stick it out. I can't believe she won't let you see your daughter before that though as it would look really bad for her in court.

Hello all, I have a fact finding hearing coming up. Am I able to give in some late evidence to the courts?

Hello all, I have a fact finding hearing coming up. Am I able to give in some late evidence to the courts?

I have for a final hearing without any issues. So did my ex. She also got away with it for an interim hearing. It is not unheard of for people to bring new evidence in triplicate for the day or to email stuff through during the hearing.

Please don't take what I've written as a guarantee. The court could conceivably refuse to accept the evidence.

Hello all, I have a fact finding hearing coming up. Am I able to give in some late evidence to the courts
Good advice from Resolute!

Courts appreciate deference and seeing how barristers work, timing seems pretty key too. So I guess, be polite and pick your moment.

Might I suggest the following.......
#doffs cap# "If it pleases M'lud, might I humbly crave your indulgence." 🙄

Just kidding. Good luck, it'll be fine!

This morning I have a contested hearing. It should come as no surprise that the other side want my evidence removed and some more allegations added before the FF hearing

Back